Day 2 of Vegas Week kicks off with an classic Calvin Harris. The track came out way before Mr. Harris hit the spotlight with “We Found Love”. This is a EDM track for EDM lovers. Bouncy. Repetitive. Bit of annoying. Keeps your body in motion for almost 6 minutes. No lows. All highs. Way before perfection. If you’re in Vegas, recommend bumping this anthem. Make you look cool to the outsiders. You can find Calvin at a nightclub around the city now & then. Vegas is EDM’s second home in the US because Miami is the leader. Everyone knows this..
New Music Tuesday brings you new albums from Black Label Society, Emmylou Harris, Patton Oswald’s Comedy Record, James Durbin, Eric Hutchinson, EMA, and many more, Kind of a slow week for mainstream hits…but you should always try new things. That you should.
Guess what? Our first showcase review since February drops Thursday! Petaped goodness. Two more to go. Until then…let’s keep dreaming of Vegas! Calvin press those buttons.
Head for that open door. Tiesto remixed Youngblood Hawke’s popular 2013 single — ‘We Come Running’ — awhile ago. It has the signature smooth rise & fall we expect from Tiesto. The song itself grows on you, even more so on this remix. So, enjoy. I’m running behind because of traffic. Wish I had more to say.
Click 2 Listen!
Diplo woke the UK (Internet world) yesterday with a epic “Best of 2013″ Round Up megamix which highlight renditions from 2013′s biggest hits & remixes. I listed the comprehensive track list below that features Diplo Favorites like: Kanye West, AlunaGeorge, Drake, Macklemore, Dada Life, Knife Party, 2 Chainz!, etc. etc. Prepare to lose yourself to two hours of amazing music streaming just for y’all to twerk too. I’m going to be expecting to see many more bubble butts retweeted on twitter by Diplo after this has all been said & done.
Splendid beats to get you through the end of 2013. Now…Twerk like it’s your birthday!
What You’ll Hear:
- Baauer - Harlem Shake
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll (Kid Kamillion Trap Edit)
- Migos - Versace (feat. Drake, Meek Mill & Tyga)
- RL Grime and Benny Benassi - Satisfaction (RL Grime Remix)
- A$AP Rocky - Wild For The Night (feat. Skrillex)
- Kanye West - Bound 2
- Just Blaze and Baauer - Higher (RL Grime Megamix) (feat. Jay Z)
- DJ Fresh - Earthquake (feat. Dominique Young Unique)
- Flosstradamus - Rollup (Baauer Remix)
- Dada Life - Boing Clash Boom (Major Lazer Remix)
- Flume - Sleepless (The Ninetys Remix)
- Sub Focus - Tidal Wave (Flosstradamus Remix) (feat. Alpines)
- Duke Dumont - Need U (100%) (feat. A*M*E)
- Disclosure - White Noise (feat. AlunaGeorge)
- Avicii - I Could Be The One
- DJ Snake - Birthday Song (Parisian Vision) (feat. 2 Chainz)
- Destructo - Higher (Brodinski Remix)
- Clockwork - BBBS (GTA Remix)
- GTA and Diplo - Boy Oh Boy
- TWRK - BaDINGA!
- DJ Snake - Bird Machine (feat. Alesia)
- Drake - Hold On We’re Going Home (Phat Deuce 110 Edit) (feat. Majid Jordan)
- AlunaGeorge - Attracting Flies (Baauer Remix)
- Rihanna - Stay (Branchez Bootleg)
- Daniel Bedingfield - Gotta Get Thru This (Benzi & Esentrik Remix)
- Rocko - U.O.E.N.O (DJ Wonder x Childish Major Remix)
- JAY Z - Tom Ford (Benzi Mega Hybrid Edit)
- Tinie Tempah - Trampoline
- Benga - Yellow
- Calvin Harris - Sweet Nothing (Diplo + Grandtheft Remix) (feat. Florence Welch)
- Knife Party - LRAD (Heroes x Villains Remix)
- Meowski666 - Meow Machine
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - Can’t Hold Us (Major Lazer Remix)
- Major Lazer and Like Mike - Watch It Up! (Bumaye) (Evil Toddler Mashup)
- Martin Garrix - Animals
- Calvin Harris - Awooga
- Daft Punk - Doin’ It Right (feat. Panda Bear)
- Mapai - Don’t Wait (Kingdom Remix)
- AlunaGeorge - Best Be Believing (Shadow Child Remix)
- Katy B - 5AM (Route94 Remix)
- Breach - Jack (Cory Enemy & Luke Shay Remix)
- Tamia - More (J-LAH Remix)
- Storm Queen - Look Right Through (MK Dub III)
- Toyboy & Robin - Jaded
- Showtek - Booyah (Party Favor Trap Remix) (feat. We Are Loud & Sonny Wilson)
- The Knocks and Treasure Fingers - My Body (J-LAH Remix)
- His Majesty Andre - Sunshine (feat. Anna Lunoe)
- Drake - Worst Behavior (THUGLI Remix)
- Young Jeezy - RIP (ENFERNO Remix)
- AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It (DJ Snake Remix)
- Major Lazer - Bubble Butt ( DJ Snake Remix)
- Yellow Claw - DJ Turn It Up
- Mat Zo - Lucid Dream
- Wave Racer - Rock U Tonite
- Disclosure - You & Me (Flume Remix) (feat. Eliza Doolittle)
- King Krule - Easy Easy
The drums & electronic strings are sweeping in this Afrojack remix of Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball”. Miley’s vocals don’t appear until halfway through allowing Afrojack to steal the show with his expert level of EDM DJ skills. It begins haunting & dark. Then the bass hits like a million sledgehammers in your eardrums. Whew.
It’s one badass mix that plays for close to 8 minutes. Get out your glowing wrecking balls. We breaking down the club.
A Friday mix from Girl Talk. We haven’t heard much from Gregg since 2010′s ‘All Day’ dropped. I haven’t spoken of him since our 2011 B4M showcase. Long story short. this is overdue. Apparently, he’s planning on dropping something new in 2013/2014. I’ll update y’all when that moment blows up all the blogs. This is just a cut from his latest super mash up effort. You’ll hear samples of Big Boi & others. What more could you ask for on this Friday morn?
I have no plans set for the weekend. Maybe see Thor…or how my friend Ash wants me to write it: MARVEL’S THOR: THE DARK WORLD (so very proud of her! Predicted she’d be running things. =)…or go see a show & knock another venue off my self-imposed list. Just want to write really. Got a handful of new twitter artists for our Spotlight Saturday session. So, come back tomorrow for that or to listen to the new MMLP2.
Have an amazing weekend y’all! Here is a megamix to kick it off.
…Do you have this track on your iPod? If you replied no then you’re missing out on one of the top three tracks of 2013. I’m disappointed that RAM by Daft Punk isn’t in your CD collection. One of the best albums of the year. Here is the link to buy…buy…buy! Possibly judge your taste of ‘good music’ because of it. No doubts about it. Been dying to pick up the vinyl at Amoeba. Bit pricey at $40. That’s the only thing halting me. Soon. It will apart of my collection quite soon. For now, this will do. It always does. Do you think in the future this track will be playing in elevators and/or malls?
Comic Book Wednesday was a blast. Still tired. Wing Night probably won’t go down tonight cause I have to pack. But we’ll see. Not very likely. My sights are set on a one night stand in Vegas. Not having a ONS in sin city…that might happen with some over priced ‘slampig’ if I feel like getting lucky. But mostly going for the gambling & cheap drinks. 24+ hours in my favorite US spot is full of so many possibilities. Wonder if they’ll have a nickel shot night. Our AotW featuring The Civil Wars will drop Friday Night. If I have time during Broadchurch watching to post some spotlights for Saturday, then applaud for me. The emails are piling up with fantastic recommendations.
Wish I had more to say. Life is good. Just paranoid that bosses are coming for my spot. Nothing I should worry about. Will walk around with that Bret Hart swagger till I’m dead & gone. Cue the guitar. Then I’ll let Giorgio tell you a story about his revolutionary life. This is “Giorgio By Moroder” by Daft Punk.
Click 2 Buy!
A bit of a tease before we “officially” return tomorrow. Happy we’re rolling again? I am. Been missing the music. Love when I can get soulful. “The Renaissance”, by Q-Tip, is just one of those iconic hip-hop soul records that showcase what I have been missing from this generation’s pop friendly / experimental guady hip-hop that spews from the radio nowadays.
Need a palette cleanser? Meet Q-Tip’s 5 mic ranking hip hop classic. A Renaissance back in 2008.
#truth. J. Cole probably has one huge smile after Nas responded to his ‘Let Nas Down’ cut with a few epic bars. Simply incredible poetry. Enjoy…
A song so catchy that it had my mother singing the hook this morning. Special Delivery. Special Delivery. Because they invented the Remix. To grow up during the Rap Remix gang war between Bad Boy, So So Def, and all the other minor labels shows my age…but remember it fondly. There was a victor. His name was R. Kelly. Because the remix to Ignition is the best remix of all time! My Kanye west moment. ‘I Need A Girl (Part 2)‘ trailing close behind as #2. For have you ever been to Saint-Tropez and see a brother play a mandolin? haha, you haven’t? Then you haven’t lived according to Diddy. “I just wanna look in your eyes and watch the sunrise”…it’s that bounce.
Well, the Blackhawks did it. Looks like I’m going to game 3 or 4 with the coworkers. Super excited. Also, my Fall out Boy tickets just shipped. June’s gonna be a hot concert month. I have to wait to buy the 30 Secs to mars at the Hollywood Bowl in October, but I’m going to that show. Bank on it! Tonight’s Wing night. Gonna watch the Pacers beat the Heat. Can’t predict will happen.
yeah, should be fun. He’s one catchy track.
Wanted Two Things: The longest title in our history & a killer beat to kick off this holiday weekend as I roll out. Mission Accomplished. This is the ‘Can’t Hold Us’ remix brought to you from Major Lazer. Here we go. #swat